Traits & Aspiration:
Originally, I’d planned to do separate categories for aspirations and traits but I realized I would end up with a lot of duplicates. Instead, I did a category for careers and another for other income sources. Using the sim’s chosen traits either from existing traits or using my Personality Profile Trait Chart and aspiration(s) either from my Determining Aspirations Based on Personality Traits or just the aspiration you have given them or they already had you can get a better idea of what they might like to do! I suggest using Cntrl+F to search by traits and aspirations and then copying and pasting the results into a document so you can look at the options together in one place and narrow them down.
Also, you might want to give your sims a secondary aspiration. Like an outgoing Tech-Guru eSport Gamer might also have a social aspiration and own their own arcade!
Make careers much more exciting with Zerbu's Turbo Careers mod! Shoutout and huge thanks to Carl's Sims 4 Guide! Without all of their work, this would have been a LOT more work than it was.
- Culinary-Chef: Master Chef, outgoing, incredibly friendly, gregarious, creative, muser, stoves and grills master
- Culinary-Mixologist: Master Mixologist, outgoing, incredibly friendly, gregarious, creative, muser
- Tech Guru Start-Up Entrepreneur: Computer Whiz, lazy, clumsy, genius, savant, mentor, quick learner, materialistic, ambitious, responsible, morning sim, frugal, entrepreneurial, connections, business savvy
- Tech Guru eSport Gamer: Computer Whiz, lazy, clumsy, genius, savant, mentor, quick learner, childish, goofball, night owl, carefree
- Entertainer-Comedian: Joke Star, outgoing, insider, bro, incredibly friendly, shameless, night owl, gregarious, childish, goofball, irresponsible, great storyteller, carefree
- Criminal Boss: Public Enemy, Nerd Brain, evil, hates-children, klepto, non-committal, mean, jealous, argumentative, insensitive, dastardly, genius, quick learner
- Criminal Oracle: Chief of Mischief, childish, goofball, irresponsible, night owl, genius, quick learner, klepto
- Painter Master of the Real: Painter Extraordinaire, creative, muser, marketable, creative visionary, creative savant, mentor, loner
- Painter Patron of the Arts: Painter Extraordinaire, creative, muser, marketable, creative visionary, creative savant, mentor, outgoing, insider, mediator, incredibly friendly, gregarious
- Writer Journalist: Bestselling Author, lazy, clumsy, creative, muser, marketable, creative visionary, creative savant, mentor
- Writer Author: Bestselling Author, lazy, clumsy, creative, muser, marketable, creative visionary, creative savant, mentor, loner
- Entertainer-Musician: Musical Genius, creative, muser, marketable, creative visionary, creative savant, mentor, loner
- Astronaut- Space Ranger: Nerd Brain, Bodybuilder, ambitious, active, gym rat, high metabolism genius, savant, mentor, quick learner, good, loves the outdoors, loner
- Astronaut- Interstellar Smuggler: Nerd Brain, Bodybuilder, ambitious, active, gym rat, high metabolism, evil, klepto, mean, argumentative, insensitive, dastardly, loner
- Athlete- ambitious, active, dance machine, vegetarian, gym rat, high metabolism, outgoing, bro, incredibly friendly
- Business- Mansion Baron, Fabulously Wealthy, self-assured, perfectionist, materialistic, ambitious, responsible, morning sim, frugal, entrepreneurial, connections, business savvy, loner
- Doctor- Friend of the World, outgoing, mediator, incredibly friendly, gregarious, good, family oriented, vegetarian, cat lover, dog lover, compassionate, observant, fertile, always welcome, domestic
- Detective- Friend of the World, good, loves the outdoors, family oriented, compassionate, observant, always welcome, home turf, outgoing, insider, mediator, incredibly friendly, gregarious
- Scientist- Nerd Brain, genius, logical savant, mentor, quick learner, loner, bookworm, speed reader, independent, super green thumb, collector, geek
- Critic- Painter Extraordinaire, Musical Genius, Bestselling Author, creative, muser, stoves and grills master, creative visionary, creative savant, mentor, outgoing, insider, incredibly friendly, gregarious
- Secret Agent Diamond Agent- Friend of the World, self-assured, perfectionist, materialistic, ambitious, responsible, morning sim, connections, good, compassionate, observant, always welcome, home turf
- Politician- Friend of the World, Leader of the Pack, Party Animal, City Native, Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Successful Lineage, self-assured, perfectionist, materialistic, ambitious, responsible, morning sim, frugal, entrepreneurial, connections, business savvy, good, loves the outdoors, family oriented, vegetarian, cat lover, dog lover, compassionate, observant, always welcome, domestic, home turf, outgoing, insider, mediator, incredibly friendly, gregarious
- Social Media- Friend of the World, Chief of Mischief, Leader of the Pack, Party Animal, childish, goofball, irresponsible, night owl, great storyteller, carefree, outgoing, insider, bro, mediator, incredibly friendly, shameless, gregarious, lazy
- Secret Agent Villain- mean, evil, hates-children, klepto, non-committal, jealous, argumentative, insensitive, dastardly, loner
Non-career income ideas…
Most of the following ideas require Get to Work, Dine Out, City Living, or LitteMsSam's More Buyable Venues and Venue Types as well as a few of her other mods! For some of the produce products like the jam making see Icemunmun's creations.
- City Native- Own a community lot in San Myshuno or a penthouse (I don’t know how this works yet.)
- Bodybuilder, Active, Hot-Headed, Bro- Own a gym or sports themed store or a generic lot with an entrance fee with activities like basketball, a wellness center
- Chief of Mischief, Goofball, Hot-Headed, Insane- A bubble basement where sims pay a fee to use bubble blowers; a gnome store; a store selling trash plants; a store selling dirty or broken objects, a store selling nothing but the sad clown painting, a graffiti park
- Super Parent, Cheerful, Childish, Family-Oriented- toy stores; learning centers where kids can use skill objects, a playground, daycare center
- Successful Lineage- Same as Super Parent. Note: Would need an Overachiever child.
- Big Happy Family- Same as Super Parent
- Vampire Family- Vampire friendly lots like bars, a store selling plasma fruit or vampire cocktails
- Fabulously Wealthy, Self-Assured, Materialistic, Snob- A high-end shop that sells very expensive merchandise, a bed and breakfast, anything that makes a lot of money
- Mansion Baron- They would want to do something that doesn’t require a community lot I would think. Gardening and selling produce via the flea market table at high markups perhaps or painting and selling them via the street gallery
- Renaissance Sim- Good for Underachieving sims to bounce around careers their whole lives.
- Serial Romantic, Romantic- A romance-themed generic lot that has an entrance fee and attracts young adults and adults, a romantic restaurant, a bed and breakfast, a singles bar (club for singles)
- Soulmate, Romantic- same as above
- Leader of the Pack, Insider- A club lot?
- Friend of the World, Cheerful- A park, a cafe, anyplace that a lot of sims might gather
- Party Animal, Cheerful, Dance Machine- A nightclub or karaoke bar
- Good Vampire- Plasma fruit and packs stand
- Master Chef, Creative, Foodie, Glutton- Restaurant, Bakery, Deli, Ice cream shop
- Master Mixologist, Bro-A nightclub, restaurant… anywhere your sim could mix drinks or hang out
- Computer Whiz, Geek, Bro- gaming center, cinema
- Joke Star, Cheerful, Goofball- lounge, tell jokes at a lounge that’s already built for tips, get writing skill and write guides
- Painter Extraordinaire, Creative, Art Lover, Perfectionist: Paint for income using the street gallery, arts center where your sim mentors, museum, a store selling art supplies
- Bestselling Author, Creative, Bookworm, Perfectionist: Write for income, a bookstore where you also sell your own books, a yard sale stand where you sell your books, a library
- Musical Genius, Creative, Music Lover: Write Music, play for tips for income, a music center where you can mentor sims, a karaoke bar
- Nerd Brain, Genius: Craft on Woodworking table and sell the results either in a store or a flea market table, explore space and sell your findings in the same way, own a science center lot that sims can use to explore space themselves without the need to build their own rocket, microscopes, and observatories, sell space and microscope prints
- Freelance Botanist, Genius, Loves Outdoors, Vegetarian: Garden for income, produce stand or grocery store, jam making, nectar (when the mod is released), a community garden
- Angling Ace, Loves Outdoors: Fish for income, have a fish store, a lot that sims can pay to come fish (there is a lot that is made for this but I haven’t gotten it before to test it but it looks neat)
- The Curator, Loves Outdoors: Dig and gather for income, have a store or stand to sell the items like a frog store or mystical crystal store
- Outdoor Enthusiast, Loves Outdoors: Make and sell remedies, sell insects, Just have a lot that sims could visit for a fee with insects they can view.
- Kleptomaniac: Steal items and sell them!
- Slob: Dig in the trash and sell your treasures!
- Vegetarian: A vegan restaurant, a wellness center, a community garden
- Bro: A bar, pub, gaming room, a place with TVs playing sports
- Good could be practically anything where sims are normally happy!
- Loner: Something that they can make income alone like painting, writing books, programming, fishing alone, etc.
- Outgoing could be anywhere that large groups of sims congregate that they could converse with.
- Gloomy- I’ve heard that gloomy sims make good painters… not sure if that’s true.
- Lazy- Anything that they can do while sitting. I usually make my writers lazy because a cozy chair will make them super happy. Maybe a gaming center where they can sit and play games all day?
- Animal Lover, dog lover, cat lover, good, outgoing, compassionate- Veterinary clinic, Animal park, animal training center, pet items store, custom Animal Rescue career. (can you train other sims pets because that would be awesome)
Other ideas: A photography studio, A stand where you sell bee products and you have tons of beehives, a clothing store, a specialized shop like a wedding boutique, a party lot set for birthdays or black and white events, a lot for sims to visit to skill, a camping lot, a voidcritter store, snow globes, a store selling books of life, community pool with waterslides and food stands, an internet cafe.
I'm using the motivation scale from We Are All Dreamers to decide what my sims should be doing with their lives because sticking everyone in a rabbit-hole career is dreadfully boring. I ended up seperating it because it seemed too cluttered on this page: Personality and Motivation.